Thursday, April 26, 2012

Frosty Deglet Noor Nut Milk (In 15 seconds!)

This milk can be made in a high speed blender in literally seconds! I love making nut milk, especially when it is this delicious and this FAST! Plus, you don't need a nut milk bag! This is also a delicious creamy banana milkshake all by itself. It's loaded with vital nutrients as well: Bananas are a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin B6. While Almonds are loaded with Protein, Calcium, Magnesium and Manganese with  Zinc, Copper and other trace minerals. Dates are a powerhouse of energy, and a great source of Fiber, Folate and some Trace Minerals (not to mention an amazing caramel flavor!).  

Frosty Deglet Noor Nut Milk (In 15 Seconds!)


Ingredients:
1 ½ Cups Water
1 Frozen Ripe Banana
3 Deglet Noor Dates
2 Tbsp. Almond Butter
1/8 tsp. Stevia Powder
1/3 Cup Ice  

Optional: 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon
Directions: Blend in a high speed blender until thick and creamy.
Pour over 1 cup of ice for a cold milkshake.
Use in place of milk for Cereal, Granola, Oatmeal etc...
There are so many uses for this delicious cold milk!


This is all you need for the quickest, creamiest, most delicious nut-milk you've ever had! I used Maple Flavor Almond Butter, MaraNatha brand. Any raw nut butter should work just fine (I would suggest either Almond or Cashew). You could make your own nut butter to ensure great taste and a fresh consistency, try this recipe created by Angela Liddon for 'Kitchen Sink Nut Butter'. Or, buy a raw nut butter from the health food store.


I love finding new products. Recently, I was shopping in Salt Lake City, I went to my favorite store, Sunflower Farmers Market. I found one of the most delicous finds! Fresh, moist, juicy Deglet Noor Dates! I usually use Medjool dates from Costco, but these literally taste like soft buttery caramel! And, the best part is,....... drumroll!..................... each date is only 20 calories ! I am so facinated by dates... there are so many delicious varieties!

Have you ever seen a Date Tree?
Nature is so amazing!


The Deglet Noor dates came from Hadley Farms, California.


Ashlee Crozier, (my amazing vegan sister, the genius behind plantinfusions.blogspot.com!) pointed out to me that if you take something away from somone you need to give them something even better in place of it. Say no more...

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Aimee, you make me feel so good I think I'm gonna cry! I had a difficult afternoon...

    And this recipe LOOKS AWESOME!! I am going to make this! I love your info about deglet dates -- I had no idea they were so low in calories.

    Essie and I love your date tree, too! We have never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like it :) I often want to give up blogging cuz nobody looks at my blog. But I think it helps me stay motivated and creative :) I love your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and then I poured this creamy delightful milk on top of sliced, sugared peaches for my kids for their breakfast. MMMMMMmmmm!

      Thank you, thank you, and I can't wait to see what other yum yum food you are making!

      Delete
    2. Somehow my original comment got deleted.

      Basically I said....This recipe saved my life this morning! I had NO milk and only literally like 15 seconds to have milk ready for Paul before he had to leave for work. Saved my bacon! Normally I would panic, but you provided me with an awesome plan!

      Thanks, Aims, I love your blog!

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad to hear it! Hope Paul liked it. I drank this straight as a breakfast smoothie for an entire week LOL you can add chocolate syrup for chocolate milk smoothie. I have a bunch of posts to put up! I just need to make time. Oh! And I made that raspberry dressing you posted! I made some changes and it was YUM YUM YUM! Thanks again!

      Delete